- Must have an understanding of the Export Regulations or other government agency regulations that govern exports.
- Must have an understanding of TSA regulations.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Obtain and create quotes for shipments and source best method of transportation.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Track and trace shipment and provide updates to clients.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with airlines, transportation agencies and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Maintain shipment files and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assist as backup for alternate accounts and ocean export department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and monitor all rejections, requests for information and other correspondence.
- Respond and assist with customer inquiries, including research and assistance with escalation on priority issues.
- Monitor shipments as they approach non-compliance based on customer control, event control, and transactional data count or control.Job
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum One Year of related experience.
- Ocean export experience a plus but not a must
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Ability to apply and assist with communicating laws, rules, and regulations in areas of assignment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds; ability to read, comprehend, and write basic correspondence;
- Effectively present information one-on-one or in a small group situation; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Monitoring overall processes, information and operations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using units of currency, weight, volume, and distance measurements.
- Gather and analyze documents skillfully. Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Transatlantic North America is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wood Dale, IL 60191: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Logistics Operations Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)